Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Wire Self Portrait


Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line.
You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
 ~ Lucille Ball



A set of inexpensive colored wire found in the craft section of Walmart, some needlenosed pliers, and a warm day at the park was all I needed to find a little harmony in a chaotic day!  Wire is an interesting medium for making a self-portrait.  I used a very light gauge of wire, which meant I really had to accept the imperfection, both in the form, and in myself!  Holding one's own image in your hands, spending time with it... created a similar feeling to taking a long bath, or doing something decadent.  Then I created a space of love and compassion with the watercolor behind it.  Taking a few moments to care for one's self does wonders for filling up your own vessel from which you pour kindness and joy to others.  Find time today!


Please check out my upcoming online class!  A great price for 8 weeks of inspiration and creative fellowship!




Seeds of Spring Online Course

1 comment:

  1. You do a variety of mediums which I have done also ~ love the wire self ~ and hoping to connect soon with an interview from you ~ happy creating ~ hugs and namaste, artmusedog ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!