Sunday, February 13, 2011

For Family








You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.

~ William D. Tammeus











With Valentine's Day tomorrow, I set out to paint a few heart pieces.  I started with one big larger heart in the center and then began filling in.  At some point, I started feeling each of those hearts as myself and members of my nuclear family.  Probably haven't drawn or painted a picture of my family since I was a little girl drawing stick figures.  So there's a heart for my father, my mother, my sister and me.  And I began to sense the larger breathy heart blowing in as the ties that have bound us since my childhood.

I have been so blessed to be born in the family I am in.  I'm surrounded by wonderfully human people, so supportive, very wise, unconditionally loving, and my biggest cheerleaders.  I cannot express gratitude enough for how these three people, each in their own way,  have been the ones to remind me who I am and have helped pick me up when the world has pushed me down.  And as I age, I have enjoyed seeing how our parent/child and sisterly relationships have evolved. 

So this one is for you, Family!  Thank you for teaching me, in a world that leans towards criticism more than validation, how important is the goodness of attentiveness!


♥ ♥ ♥

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your heart... thanks for sharing your gratitude of your family with us!!
    thanks for stopping by my blog.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and quality of your work. Great technique and interaction among the shapes. Thank you also for your lovely comments on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely heart piece. it would be wonderful if you joined OSI for poetry. it is a lovely and supportive bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowee! So which heart am I? The one with the bars on it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome piece! :)

    ~Pea ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this! What a treasure:) Thanks for linking up with me today. I have loved checking out your art. Love your colors so much..so vivid!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!