Saturday, February 5, 2011

Black and White


The opposite of black and white isn't grey.  It's technicolor!

I'm a concept person.  I like to think about ideas, make throughlines, andcome up with formulas for living and understanding.  When hypotheses coincide with experiences, suddenly a theory turns to proof.  I only recently realized that has less to do with my academic background and much more to do with my need to have some sort of control over my environment.  It usually involves me saying the word "never," "always," "none," or "all."   I am learning that when I'm willing to unzip the black and white thinking, there is a whole new world open to me.  It's wild, it's crazy, it's organic, and it's alive!

3 comments:

  1. Doing a series of b/w collages (haven't done collage in a year) and hardly ever do b/w ~ so stretching the limits ~ Colorist at heart ~ so this is good for me doing something different. Synchronicity when I came to your blog and your black and white with different twist ~ thanks ~ hugs and namaste, cz:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a painting and post!
    Wonderful.

    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post! :)

    ~Pea ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!