Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Sketch: Morning Coffee Club


Over second and third cups flow matters of high finance, high state, common gossip and low comedy.  Coffee is a social binder, a warmer of tongues, a soberer of minds, a stimulant of wit, a foiler of sleep if you want it so. 
~ Author Unknown

I've been trying to find a way to invite those in bloggy world in to the Friends in Healing chatroom on this site for our "Morning Coffee Club."  Each day, between around 7 am and 10 am CST, we have a good group of chatters who come in, linger a bit, sip our coffee, talk about our plans for the day, oh and ahhh about the good thing that just happened in someone's life, offer a bit of wisom with a struggle someone might be experiencing that day, give an encouraging kick in the bumm to someone who needs to get something done that day.  People come in before they leave for work.  Some come in right when they get there (shhhhhhhhh).  For people who work from home it's a nice way to have some fellowship and connection with other people.

Don't let that bigggggg word "Healing" fool you!  We're all just regular folks, dealing with regular struggles, making regular mistakes, and choosing to pay attention to areas where we can grow and accepting that the need for a little nurturing doesn't end when you turn 18 and head off to college.  It's easy to register, it's free.  No strings attached.  Just click the link under the "Friends in Healing Registration" in the right column.  You create an anonymous username.  It asks for your real name but I don't care if you put in WonderWoman. (always wanted to be her).  If you have any questions about the room, or the process for registering, please email me at friendsinhealing@gmail.com.

And as this post is my Sunday Sketch for the week, don't forget to head on over to the  Blue Chair Diary to see the work of some other wonderful sketchers!


Check out these activities at Sacred Arts Studio:



18 comments:

  1. looks like a great cup of coffee and I love the quote you found to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch, I love the reflection of the spoon in the coffee cup. and you captured the steam rising from the cup amazingly!

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sketch. Love the steam and the little bubbles at the edge of the cup. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cup of coffee! Your group sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful sketch. lovely that you have a chat that is supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sketch. I like the idea of you all sitting around drinking your coffee in your respective places and chatting. I would join in, but I'm in the UK and it's the middle of the work day for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful sketch, very inviting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is my favorite for this Sunday! Maybe it is because I LOVE coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sketch is fantastic! Your groups sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how real this sketch looks! I can almost smell the coffee...Awesome! :)

    ~Pea ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cori, I love your sketch - love the reflection of the spoon on the side of the mug. Brilliant.

    And I love your idea about the supportive chat group. I will have to see if I can rearrange my schedule to where I can join you once or twice a week. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that cup of joe looks so inviting! Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cori, this is a beautiful sketch!
    You have really done a great job with the piece. the steam is very well done!

    Oh, and coffee is one of my favorite things. I really do love sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee. Sounds like a fun groups. I always thinkg, wouldn't it be fun to meet all of my bloggy friends for coffee? love your idea! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a fantastic drawing. I love details in it - bubbles, the relection of the spoon and the reflection in the coffee. I can just smell it - yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find my morning coffee precious time to myself! Love your sketch!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the steam coming out of the cup....that is so hard to do. Great sketch

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful drawing - wonderful attention to detail.
    xo
    Kristin
    p.s. I always wanted to be Wonder Woman too - I used to make wrist cuffs out of tinfoil.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!