Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Hidden Wings


Hope is the thing with feathers,
that perches in the soul,
and sings the tune without words,
and never stops at all.
~ Emily Dickinson


I'm stretching my creative muscle as I prepare to lead the interactives at the next ArtLoveMagic Art and Coffee event which is held the first Friday of every month here in Dallas.  There is nothing that gives me more hope in this world than being surrounded by people making art and making art with others.  This wonderful organization gives professional artists and everyday people many opportunities to do this in a variety of venues.  Please check them out!   

Making art and pushing the boundaries of what I am able to do with my hands, my eyes, my heart is by far the most important thing I do every day to keep my soul intact.  As long as I am able to create something, I know I have hope that I am capable of creating a better tomorrow.  I am able to take what is given to me in this life, mould it, sculpt it, and transform it.  Whatever my struggle, be it relationship, personal, financial, etc.. through art I am able to know that there are new possibilities.  And amazingly, as I make things in my hands, my mind is often opened to solutions in other areas of my life.  Art is my prayer.





2 comments:

  1. Love, love love what you have done with these papers!!! Amazing and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh your art is amazing! This is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!