Thursday, December 9, 2010

Menorah Lighting: Day Eight


My apologies for being really late putting this one up.. but for the final video I wanted it to be the best it could be.  This has been a very inspiring week for me.. learning how to make still motion videos, connecting to some great music.. learning about this wonder faith holiday.  As exhausted as I am, I'm a little sad for it to be over! ♥  A special thank you to all those people who encouraged this project.  You are a blessing to me.  Although Hanukkah is less about "lighting the house within" than "illuminating of the house without,"  I have received so much from this week that I hope to stay with me until the next lighting of the menorah candles.

The last day of Hannukah is known as the Zot Hannukah, and is seen as end of the Yom Kippur season.  This is a day to repent out of love for God. In this spirit, many Hasidic Jews wish each other Gmar chatimah tovah, "may you be sealed totally for good." 

On the eighth and final day of Hanukkah, the final prayers are recited:



Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the Universe,
Who sanctified us by His commandments,
and has commanded us to kindle the lights of Hanukkah.

Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the Universe,
Who wrought miracles for our fathers in days of old, at this season.

5 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori what a gift this has been. I have enjoyed each and every day, each new candle added.
    I am in awe of your video work, your art put in motion. The colors, the words, the drawings...each part.
    And the bit of history and educative words you have added too.
    Thank you. Todays final lighting was extra special and each day lit up my life for sure!
    Toda and Shalom! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am a little sad that the menorah candles are all lit. I have so enjoyed each lighting. And the last one . . . . well, what can I say? The song you found to go with it was perfect!
    You have truly used your gift to glorify God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* beautiful! Loving this song and the sentiment and ... well, everything this journey has taken me on. Thank you, Cori, for sharing your gift of connection via beauty and art. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gasp* beautiful! Loving this song and the sentiment and ... well, everything this journey has taken me on. Thank you, Cori, for sharing your gift of connection via beauty and art. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!