Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Little Mingling...


The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.
 ~William Shakespeare


Earlier this week I went to visit a friend, a knitter, who has a debilitating disease making it difficult to continue her handiwork.  She was kind enough to donate all of the yarns she is no longer able to use to my artistic efforts -- bags and bags of precious yarn.  For her, the experience was a relief and a release... more space in her home and the feeling she was donating to an artist friend who can really use it.  For me... very mixed feelings --  a bit of guilt taking such a wonderful material without giving something immediately in return and a sense of creative curiosity with these new yarns I've never used before.  And of course, just a bit of sadness being reminded that one day I, too, will have a body that begins to fail me.  I, too, will have to exhange some creative expressions for others.

This is the first piece I made from the yarns I was given, so it is extra special.  It was a new experience for me to use so many different kinds of yarn in one piece.  It felt like I was painting with yarn.  Wool, acrylic, and soft nylon ribbon - a blend of her special pieces with some I had.  Spinning the thread of ambiguous feelings into colorful brightness...



 

Large Mixed Yarn Ruffle Crochet Cowl
8" wide with an additional 3" ruffle
45" circumference around the neck
$35, $5 shipping

This cowl can be worn several different ways. Hanging low down the front, it goes just below the breast line. Or wear it high, with ruffley goodness around your neck. Big enough to wear over a coat, or nice over a turtleneck!  Email cori-lynn@msn.com for purchase interest.

♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!