Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kaizen Wednesday: Wait the Worth


Each month of the year we are taking a single life growth area, and encouraging readers to break it down into a simple, attainable goal for the week.  Using the Japanese concept of kaizen 改善, continued improvement, the hope is that trying out small steps will encourage bigger life change.  This month, our kaizen concept is financial stability.  For ideas on steps you can take each week this month please read last week's post here.

This is a ring I have wanted for years.  I abosolutely adore it.  I love nature, I love the artistry, and I love the symbolism of the four seasons.  And although I could think of a number of reasons why I really deserved this ring - I work hard, why I could have this ring - it's moderately priced, and why I should have this ring- the inspiration it could provide,  I did not buy it.  For some reason, I just felt like if I bought it, if I gave it to myself right away, it would get lost in all the other meaningless little things I spend money on.  I really wanted to wait the worth of it out.

Until now.  I was blessed to choose a Christmas gift from my husband, and something told me this is the time!  So now on my right index finger, I have this little ring, as a reminder in all I do...

There is a time for everything
and a season for every purpose under the heavens.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

And right next to that ring, on my middle finger I have a butterfly.. to remind me that true growth and change comes in the right time, and is definitely worth the wait...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!