Thursday, May 17, 2012

Seeking



I suddenly saw that all the time it was not I who had been seeking God,
but God who had been seeking me.
I had made myself the center of my own existence
and had my back turned to God.
~Bede Griffiths

The two little birds in this piece are symbolic of how we find the answers to which we are seeking.  At times we must look down, underneath rubble, get in uncomfortable positions in order to find that which we could not see before.  At other times, we only need to sit still and let the truth come to us.

This 36" x 24" original acrylic painting on gallery wrapped canvas is currently on display that the Gallery at Midtown in Dallas, TX.  It is available for purchase for $575.

5 comments:

  1. Really enjoy the thought. It is this way for any relationship, I believe. I offer effort in many different ways, sometimes feeling uncomfortable or uncertain, and other times, not as much enbergy, but much more open to learning and offering space to see.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always excited when I see that you've posted again:)
    this is altogether beautiful....the quote
    and the painting.
    you see so very, very well
    and share so beautifully.
    thank you,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting with very meaningful description that you have given ...love the red colour in this painting ...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are a blessing to me!

Share this Post!